We have made a list with useful tips and information, so you can enjoy Liquicity Festival the best way possible!
- Liquicity Festival will finally have a re-usable hardcup deposit system at the bars! Better for the environment and no more disposable plastic on the festival grounds 🙂 The system is simple:
- The first time you buy a drink you pay 0,5LIQ extra as a deposit on the cup or bottle.
- When you buy a new drink, you simply swap your dirty cup for a clean cup.
- When you leave the festival you can hand in your ‘final’ cup or bottle at the camping shop. In return you will get back 0,5LIQ on your card, or even better: a limited edition Liquicity Festival cup to take home!
- The weather here is always a little bit of everything. Make sure to pack something warm for the night activities, but also something like a re-usable poncho in case it rains. The stages and chill out areas will be mostly inside tents, so you can dance and chill without worrying about the weather.
- Both softdrugs and harddrugs are officially not allowed on both festival and campsite, there is a zero tolerance policy. This rule has been set by the local government. They can force us to deny your festival access when you are possessing any sorts of drugs at the camping entrance, even with small amounts! With large amounts you will be considered a dealer, and you will be handed over to the police.
- If you want to keep your passport and small valuable items safe, you can rent a locker at the campsite (5,5LIQ including €5,- deposit for the key). Make sure to share it with friends to save some money! Top up your Liquicity Card first, get a locker afterwards.
- Bring a mobile powerbank charger if you have one and make sure it is fully charged! There won’t be any power sockets on the campsite so this is the easiest way to keep your phone charged. We also offer a 24/7 phone charging service in the camping shop (1 LIQ).
- Do you go to Liquicity alone? Don’t worry! Liquicitizens are probably one of the nicest and most welcoming bunch of people on this planet, don’t be shy! On top of that you can pick up a free paper ‘solo traveler’ wristband at the merchandise stand, that way others will know you want some company.
- Got a day ticket? Stay the night on the campsite for free! This way you can leave the next morning without missing the night activities or stressing about taking the last shuttle bus / train back. Weekend ticket holders can stay on the campsite between Friday 17:00 and Monday 14:00.
- Are you looking for a ride to the festival? Or for a sleeping place on Friday night? Or other people that are going to the festival on their own? Make sure to check out our brand new community website. Here you can interact with other festival attendees, ask questions or offer rides to share.
- Are you not sleeping on the campsite? Make sure to be in time for the last shuttle bus back to Alkmaar Station, it departs around midnight but if it is busy you might have to wait for another bus. Make sure to be on time if you need to catch the last train! The reason for this “last bus time” is because the last train to Amsterdam departs at 00:33 and the city of Alkmaar doesn’t allow us to drop people at the station after the last train has departed. Again, sleeping on the campsite will avoid this.
- Make sure to check the camping rules before you pack! These rules have been mainly set by the local government to guarantee your safety.
- Trash bags will be handed out when you enter the campsite. Use these to collect your trash during the weekend and throw them in the big trash bins when you leave. If you need a new trash bag please visit the info desk on the campsite. If your bag is full, you can dump it in one of the larger garbage points.
- Did you order a Kartent, Festipi or a Pampus? You can check in at the info desk on the campsite. If you want to camp next to your friends, simply pick up your Kartent and replace it. The Pampus and Festtipi tents are setup on a fixed location. The Kartent, airbed and sleeping bag are yours, the Festipi and Pampus tents are rentals so make sure to treat it well. A €100 deposit is requested for the Pampus tents.
- Take care of yourself and the people around you! Drink enough water, eat well and don’t forget some vitamins. You can refill your water for free, but please don’t waste any by leaving the tap open!
- Since there are no power sockets on the campsite, it is best to bring a physical airbed pump. There are always people who have one, so if you do not have one, you can simply borrow it. We also offer a airbed pumping service at the camping shop (0,5 LIQ). Of course, all airbeds in the Kartent packages will be pumped already when you arrive.
- You are only allowed to bring in drinks the first time you enter the campsite (max 4L per person, sealed, not stronger than 15% and no glass), so make sure to do that? This is a rule set by the local government.
- Got a parking ticket? You can access your car during the weekend and also leave and re-enter the parking area with your car. However, we recommend to stay at the festival and campsite during the weekend. There isn’t much going on in the area and there is plenty of stuff to do on the festival. The parking area is opened between Friday 17:00 and Monday 15:00.
- The toilets are free and will be cleaned. There are warm private showers available too (1 LIQ). Even though there are showers and sinks on the campsite, sometimes you simply want to clean your hands or face without going there. Cleaning tissues are your best friend! First aid is available 24hours at both campsite and festival site.
- Bring your earplugs! Mainly to protect your ears from the loud music, but they might also come in handy to get a good night rest. If you don’t have any, don’t worry! We sell very cool re-usable Liquicity earplugs at the merchandise stand for €15 and cheap disposable foam plugs for €1.
- Don’t forget to bring a towel! Also: flip-flops, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste. Swimming is not allowed at the festival, but we do have hot tubs at the campsite! Bringing your swimming shorts can always come in handy when the weather is nice. Feel free to bring a ball, frisbee or other small games. We have plenty of space.
- This year we will have a 4th stage: Nebula. It is the smallest and most intimate stage of the festival, where various artists will perform a special and secret bonus set. A ‘Fox Stevenson anything and everything set’ or a ‘Rameses Psytrance Set’ for instance?
- We will continue the party on the ‘night field’ as soon as the main festival ends around midnight. The Lunar stage will be transformed into a Silent Disco, various DJs from the line up will perform here and you can rent a headphone for 1 LIQ. You can also take a ride in the Giants Stride, watch documentaries in the Cinema or play video games in the game area. New this year, and something not to miss, is the multiplayer video game in the cinema. Up to 64 players can compete a game of ‘Frogger’ on the big screen via their smartphone!
- We have more new merchandise available then ever before! New are:
- Baseball Cap & 5-Panel Cap
- Festival Flag & Festival Shirt
- Sunglasses (Polarised!)
- Tattoo sheets
- Various female shirts
- Various shirts
- Various sweaters
- Maduk & Rameses B shirts
All items are limited, so make sure to grab your favourites before they are sold out. You can pay by card, cash and LIQs.
23. Bring a blanket to sit on in the grass. This can be nice both on the festival and campsite in case the grass is a bit moist. If you are able to bring a light and foldable camping chair, do it. Always a luxury!
24. This year we will have a Liquicity Polaroid camera team walking around. Hit them up for a photo, only 1 LIQ per piece.
25. This year you can contribute directly to the Liquicity Festival Aftermovie!
Film your journey, your friends, fun on the campsite, activities, merchandise, food and more. Filming with your phone is more than fine, 4k preferred, but 1080p is also accepted. You will be able to upload your footage (max 2gb!) between July 23rd – August 1st at: festival.liquicity.com/submit. You don’t have to edit anything, but we do ask to make a selection with your most usable and best content first. Of course we will also have professional video crews, they will edit and merge the community footage with the overall festival footage.
26. It goes without saying, but respect each other and clean up your mess. Have a great weekend in the Galaxy of Dreams ❤