TIME FLIES! Only two weeks until Liquicity Festival 2019. We’ve selected 30 tips to get you prepared for the perfect weekend. The new Liquicity keychains and patches just came in and the Cashless page was just published. Read it carefully before you arrive at the festival! If you have your Liquicity Card from last years festival, you can register it Wednesday the 10th of July.
Our advice: register your Liquicity card as soon as you get one (at the festival or your card from last year), so you have proof of all your transactions and so you can view & top-up your balance through your phone. Use the Cashless page to log in (starting Wednesday the 10th) or download the Liquicity App for iOS & Android. The newest version will be available in the stores soon!
Tips for Liquicity Festival 2019
You can also find the tips below on our dedicated 30 tips for Liquicity Festival 2019 page.
- 1. Bring your earplugs! Mainly to protect your ears from the loud music, but they might also come in handy to get a good night rest. If you don’t have any, don’t worry! We sell very cool re-usable Liquicity earplugs at the merchandise stand for €15 and cheap disposable foam plugs for €1.
- 2. Don’t pack a pillow but pack a pillowcase. Or even better get a custom Liquicity pillowcase at the merchandise stand! Why bother carrying a bulky pillow when you can simply fill up a pillowcase with the clothes you’ve brought to the festival.
- 3. Get there in time! We’re doing everything we can to get you through the gates as quickly as possible but there will always be a queue. No matter how big the entrance is, it takes a while before you’re through security and all settled in. Make sure you have plenty of time between your arrival and the performance of that one artists you MUST see.
- 4. Talk to the campsite stewards when you arrive! They point you to a camping spot and will make sure you’re friends can set-up next to your tent.
- 5. Sunscreen! You’ll need it!
- 6. This year the ‘night field’ will get a lovely upgrade. The Lunar stage will remain open (on a lower volume) until 03:00 on Friday & Saturday and until 02:00 on Sunday. The silent disco will take place at the new ‘Temple’ stage. Where you can be surprised by artists such as Whiney b2b Logistics, Koven & Friends, Champion vs Voicians and many others.
- 7. Make sure you check this video if you plan on bringing a ‘pop-up’ tent. You’ll thank us on Monday morning.
- 8. The Dutch weather is always a little bit of everything and forecasts are not always accurate. Make sure to pack something for all conditions. Warm clothing for the night activities, but also a waterproof jacket or a re-usable poncho in case it rains.
- 9. Drop by the arcade & cinema! Here you’ll be able to challenge your friends to loads of different games, watch a legendary jungle documentary or sing along with DNB karaoke + loads of other epic activities.
- 10. Liquicity Festival is a cashless environment! Read all the necessary instruction about the system before you get to the festival here: https://festival.liquicity.com/cashless pro tip: after getting your card (or if you have one already) register it online so you can top up your balance using you phone.
- 11. Do you go to Liquicity alone? Don’t worry! Liquicitizens are probably one of the nicest and most welcoming bunch of people on this planet, don’t be shy! On top of that you can pick up a free paper ‘solo traveler’ wristband at the merchandise stand, that way others will know you want some company.
- 12. Looking for a ride to the festival or for a sleeping place on Thursday night? Make sure to check out the official Liquicity Festival Facebook group. Here you can interact with other festival attendees, ask questions or offer rides to share.
- 13. Don’t forget to bring a towel! Also: flip-flops, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste. Bringing your swimming shorts can always come in handy when the weather is nice. Feel free to bring a ball, frisbee or other small games. We have plenty of space!
- 14. Liquicity Festival will have a re-usable hardcup deposit system at the bars again! Better for the environment and no more disposable plastic on the festival grounds 🙂 The system is simple:
- The first time you buy a drink you pay 0,5LIQ extra as a deposit on the cup or bottle.
- When you buy a new drink, you simply swap your dirty cup for a clean cup.
- When you leave the festival you can hand in your ‘final’ cup or bottle at the camping shop. In return you will get back 0,5LIQ on your card, or even better: a limited edition Liquicity Festival cup to take home!
- 15. There will be custom Liquicity powerbanks (10.000 mah) for sale at the camping shop & merchandise stand! There are only two charging towers on the entire festival so this is the easiest way to keep your phone charged. We also offer a 24/7 phone charging service in the camping shop.
- 16. Make your tent / campsite stand out! It can be tricky to find you tent after a long day at the festival site even though the Liquicity campsite is compact and not too complex. Adding some extra flair to your tent such as a flag or solar powered lights will improve your spirit and make easy to find your way home.
- 17. Got a day ticket? Stay the night on the campsite for free! This way you can leave the next morning without missing the night activities or stressing about taking the last shuttle bus / train back. Weekend ticket holders can stay on the campsite between Friday 11:00 and Monday 14:00.
- 18. Are you not sleeping on the campsite? Make sure to be in time for the last shuttle bus back to Alkmaar Station, it departs around midnight but if it is busy you might have to wait for another bus. Make sure to be on time if you need to catch the last train! The reason for this “last bus time” is because the last train to Amsterdam departs at 00:33 and the city of Alkmaar doesn’t allow us to drop people at the station after the last train has departed. Again, sleeping on the campsite will avoid this.
- 19. Help to keep the campsite clean. Trash bags will be handed out when you enter the campsite. Use these to collect your trash during the weekend and throw them in the big trash bins when you leave. If you need a new trash bag please visit the info desk on the campsite. If your bag is full, you can dump it in one of the larger garbage points.
- 20. Take care of yourself and the people around you! Drink enough water, eat well and don’t forget some vitamins. You can refill your water for free, but please don’t waste any by leaving the tap open!
- 21. Since there are no power sockets on the campsite, it is best to bring a physical airbed pump. There are always people who have one, so if you do not have one, you can simply borrow it. We also offer an airbed pumping service at the camping shop. Of course, all airbeds in the Kartent packages will be pumped already when you arrive.
- 22. You are only allowed to bring in drinks the first time you enter the campsite (max 4L per person, sealed, not stronger than 15% and no glass). This is a rule set by the local government.
- 23. Got a parking ticket? You can always access your car, but it’s only possible to re-enter the campsite & festival between 11:00 and 23:00! It is also possible to leave and re-enter the parking area with your car, but make sure to be back before 23:00. However, we recommend to stay at the festival and campsite during the weekend. There isn’t much going on in the area and there is plenty of stuff to do on the festival.
- 24. The toilets are free and will be cleaned regularly. There are warm private showers available too (1 LIQ). Even though there are showers and sinks on the campsite, sometimes you simply want to clean your hands or face without going there. Cleaning tissues are your best friend! First aid is available 24hours at both campsite and festival site.
- 25. We have been working on a lot of new merchandise items:
- Finally: Hoodies & Zipped Hoodies!
- New T-shirts, Caps, Flags and Sweaters
- Limited edition Liquicity Festival 2019 t-shirt
- Patches, stickers, hand fans & mugs
- New gym bags
- Powerbank (10.000 mAh)
All items are limited, so make sure to grab your favourites before they are sold out. You can pay by card, cash and LIQs.
- 26. Bring a blanket to sit on in the grass. This can be nice both on the festival and campsite in case the grass is a bit moist. If you are able to bring a light and foldable camping chair, do it. Always a luxury!
- 27. There will be a Liquicity Polaroid camera team walking around. Hit them up for a photo, only 1 LIQ per piece. You can also enter the Liquicity Festival raffle with nice prizes by subscribing to our mailing list.
- 28. Make sure to check all the camping rules before you pack! These rules have been mainly set by the local government to guarantee your safety.
- 29. Both softdrugs and harddrugs are officially not allowed on both festival and campsite, there is a zero tolerance policy. This includes nitrous oxide / laughing gas! These rules have been set by the local government. They can force us to deny your festival access when you are possessing any sorts of drugs at the camping entrance, even with small amounts! With large amounts you will be considered a dealer, and you will be handed over to the police.
- 30. If you want to keep your passport and small valuable items safe, you can rent a locker. You can rent one by purchacing a locker ticket here: https://festival.liquicity.com/tickets/. Make sure to share it with friends to save some money!
It goes without saying, but respect each other and clean up your mess. Have a great weekend in the Galaxy of Dreams ❤
Coming up: week 1
That’s it for this week. See you next week.. and at the festival in 2 weeks! 🚀